Comments: Oh, stop it.

Actually, didn't I post part of "They Put a Brassiere on the Camel" at some point in comments? In response to a comment about "animal decency"? It's a Shel Silverstein poem which has been put to music.....

Posted by Jonathan Dresner at May 7, 2004 01:28 PM

Speaking as an historian, PLEASE don't delete the old stuff. Store it off-line, perhaps, but don't delete it. I don't know what it's good for, but then I'm not a historian a hundred years from now studying the rise of the Zookists, or the early years of the communicative revolution.....

Posted by Jonathan Dresner at May 7, 2004 01:30 PM

Yo baby, I gotcher Yeti Sports right here! All the pingvin batting you could want! Two new games, Orca Slap and Seal Bounce! Sickness abounds!!

Posted by Elayne Riggs at May 7, 2004 02:32 PM

Heh. Now I'll get buried with penguin batting and weird camel-spam!

Yes, Jonathan, now that you mention it, I think you did mention it in a comment. I'm glad you reminded me...that one would have puzzled me for a while.

I still can't conceive of caring about old blog posts, but you never know, I guess. If I can figure out a way to save them down, I will.

I suppose one does own a duty to the future Zookists. ROFL!

Posted by Anne at May 7, 2004 08:41 PM

I'm with Johnathan, please don't delete your old posts. Anyone keeping a blog during 2000 - 2004 was, possibly, part of the early phase of a self-publishing revolution. We'll know more in 10 years. For all you know it's like throwing a way an original March 6, 1711 Specatator. And look what that went on to.

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at May 8, 2004 12:12 AM

I think the early adopters would be of more historical interest, should such interest appear.

By the time I started blogging in 2000, it was already a widespread phenomenon.

Posted by Anne at May 8, 2004 08:17 AM