Comments: Blogging the Blogs

Fantastic roundup. THANKS!

Posted by Jonathan Dresner at August 13, 2004 04:38 AM

Really amazing round up. Really. You make it pointless for me to read anything else, since I can save the time and simply read the stuff you post here. You're like the best news clipping service ever.

As to the Bush-McCain photo, which I've seen posted everywhere, I think the right-wingers are jumping for joy because it means McCain isn't leaving the reservation, despite the fact he occassionally says things that make Democrats happy.

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at August 13, 2004 07:38 AM

By the way, I personally think it is good to write something like this:

"Atrios (I like the name) is staying on the Right's lies and misdirection about Kerry's Vietnam service, as does Digby. As is Josh Marshall at Talking Points. And Andrew Olmsted has a whole series of posts on the subject."

And bad to write something like this:

"Right wing lies."

This first is what you actually wrote, the second is probably the way Avedon Carrol would write it. I like your style better, because you give me enough information for me to figure out whether I want to click on the link.

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at August 13, 2004 07:44 AM

Jonathan - Aww, shucks. :)

Lawrence - Stop picking on Avedon Carol. :) I love her blog. (But thanks for the kudos, anyhow!)

Posted by Anne at August 13, 2004 01:18 PM

I am lazier than you are, he's right about that - sometimes I make the effort, but sometimes I'm just tired or stupid or afraid my browser is about to crash. (I really shouldn't have 35 tabs open at once, but I'm flakey that way.)

Posted by Avedon at August 13, 2004 05:12 PM

Avedon - We all have days when we're busy. Having worked both with a bad computer, and a bad internet connection, I have complete sympathy for those days when it's just more work than it's worth to try and get on-line and stay on-line for long enough to do a really thorough blog entry.

Still, I want to say that your blog remains consistently one of my favorite stops each day.

Posted by Anne at August 15, 2004 09:20 AM

Good list! I like the blogs so much! Mine, so far is mostly a lefty link dump, with a bit of my creativity. About the soldiers blog "my war-fear and loathing in Iraq", I am really enjoying watching this young man's travails in-country...a good tale-spinner...

Posted by Joe at August 16, 2004 10:57 PM