Comments: Bloglessly Yours

Awful sorry to hear you'll be gone another month. Hope you catch up on your personal projects. I know I have already taken several month long breaks, during the years I've had a website.

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at September 10, 2004 08:27 PM

Anne: I'll try.

Posted by Jonathan Dresner at September 11, 2004 12:28 AM

My heart leapt when I saw that you had posted; it fell when I saw you weren't coming back for a while. I'll still be checking.

Posted by Hugo at September 11, 2004 03:52 PM

Thanks for the support, guys.

The truth is, I'm just burned out and the time came to give my brain a rest. I fear I was in danger of becoming some kind of wingnut and maybe a little distance will give me back some perspective.

Posted by Anne at September 13, 2004 08:19 AM

Anne,

Spider Robinson once wrote, "insanity may be the only rational response to an insane situation." (or something like that) I definitely feel nuttier than usual this election cycle.

Posted by Jonathan Dresner at September 13, 2004 03:06 PM

Hope you enjoy your vacation and hope double that you come back.

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at September 16, 2004 03:05 PM

It is a crying shame that you don't have your articles grouped by category, as other MT users do. I badly want to point a friend of mine to everything you've written about Iraq, but without category pages, there is no way, yes?

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at September 28, 2004 02:55 PM

There's a search button down there on the left, but I think simply searching for "Iraq" would bring up far too many entries to be useful.

I can't think of any other suggestions. If I said something in particular you found interesting, I'd be happy to try to find the post for you. Just let me know.

Posted by Anne at September 30, 2004 07:36 AM

Anne,

You say "John Kerry is hero" and "Bush failed to meet his commitment". You must have missed the Swift Boad Veterans for Truth ads while you were swallowing the forged Bush gaurd documents on the 'non-partisan' Dan Rather 60 minutes story?

Posted by blake at October 2, 2004 09:10 AM

Possibly you missed all the follow-up reports talking about the factual inaccuracies in the SW books and advertisements? What wasn't proven to be untrue was proven to be just a matter of opinion and perspective.

And I've been making rude remarks about Bush's failure to complete his cushy Guard training program since long before 60 minutes noticed the story.

Posted by Anne at October 3, 2004 02:51 PM

She has, really!

Posted by Jonathan Dresner at October 4, 2004 02:34 PM

Hey Anne, you're coming back someday, right?

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at October 4, 2004 03:57 PM

"I'm sorry, Lawrence. I created a few categories for posts but "Iraq" wasn't one of them. I talked about Iraq a lot, after all!"

I feel like an idiot for having to ask, but where are your categories? Most people who use them list them in the side column. I've looked through your left-hand column but I don't see them. How can I reach them?

Posted by Lawrence Krubner at October 4, 2004 06:26 PM

Anne,

Who did the followup reports on the Swift Vets? From what I could see the only outlet that would touch the story was FOX News. I guess it didn't help Dan and the rest of the press tell a story they wanted told, so they tried to ignore it.

As far as the President's NG service, you should consider that he has been forth comming with all documents. But the crux of it is this: As all who have searved in the armed forces know, there is an official document that is the 'gold standard' of whether you have met your commitment. That document is the DD214. It's universally accepted proof of dates of service and charachter of service. Producing his DD214 should have ended any genuine question about our Presidents honorable service to his country.

Blake