Comments: Wow

That speech she gave last night? Sent me right to the Obama/Biden donation page.... That might well rank as one of the most undignified and unpleasant presentations in modern political history, right up there with Boris Yeltsin's drunken karaoke and Stockdale's debate performance.

Posted by Ahistoricality at September 4, 2008 10:28 AM

Okay, now I'm curious, because this doesn't sound like any reaction I've read anywhere else! When I get home this evening, I'll have to look for a video of the thing.

Posted by Anne at September 4, 2008 02:43 PM

I described it elsewhere as late-night stand-up meets demagogue meets that assistant principal who treats everyone like a delinquent except her "favorites" who can get away with anything.

The chattering classes loved it -- look, she can read! -- and "the base" thought it was fantastic. It was, nonetheless, vicious, untruthful and insubstantial.

Posted by Ahistoricality at September 5, 2008 09:36 AM

Hi Anne, and welcome back. I didn't see you posting for some time.

You can see the entire Palin speech here:

It was one of the angriest, snarkiest, snottiest, and snide speeches I've heard since about junior high school. The right wing ate it up. I'm hopeful the "sensible center" rejected it.

Peace,
Peter

Posted by Dr Fallon at September 5, 2008 12:58 PM

Hello, Dr. Fallon! I'm not exactly "back" I don't think. :) Just--passing through.

Thanks for the link to the Palin speech. I'm bracing myself and getting ready to listen to it now.

Posted by Anne at September 6, 2008 02:34 PM

Ahistoricality - That sounds like what I've read of her character. Her "favorites" can do no wrong, but everyone else is subject to almost any kind of mistreatment.

Posted by Anne at September 6, 2008 02:35 PM