Comments: Anyone?

I hope you're right, but I called it closer: 302-236. I really hope you're right.

Posted by Ahistoricality at November 3, 2008 06:26 PM

I'm in the mood for a mandate. :) I'd like to see a record turnout, with 75% popular vote for Obama, but I know that's a fantasy world, not reality.

Posted by Anne at November 3, 2008 09:46 PM

You may have called the College nearly dead-on. That's impressive. Remind me not to bet against you again!

Posted by Ahistoricality at November 4, 2008 10:52 PM

I got pretty darned close, didn't I? I'm kind of surprised myself.

But don't fear to bet against me. :) I would have bet the planet and everyone on it that Bush would have gotten stomped in his re-election bid. I'm still appalled that he was elected - twice.

OTOH, I guess with a Congressional majority and the White House in Democratic hands, I'll be able to go back into hiatus and comfortably leave running the country to someone else. ;)

Posted by Anne at November 5, 2008 08:12 AM

In theory, this decisive win should take the "vote was stolen" theory off the table, but like you, I still don't understand how Ohio in 2004 or Florida in 2000 could have been won by the Republicans fair and square. I'm still not convinced -- and I know that makes me borderline wingnut on this issue -- that we've got the story of real electoral fraud out yet.

I'm going back on hiatus (with the usual trickle of pictures, quizzes and quotes) on my blogiversary later this week. I'm pretty sure I have a career here somewhere that I'd put aside for when I had more time...

Posted by Ahistoricality at November 5, 2008 11:30 AM

I feel the same way. I didn 't want to spend years fighting with no evidence that anything really wrong had happened - but it shook my faith in the intelligence of the people around me to see the results of those elections.

I'm back on hiatus as well, unless the urge to laugh gets the better of me. The Righties among my co-workers started on the paranoid "dangerous liberal" track yesterday morning. Today, I can already hear one of them talking about Obama, saying that the "day after he was elected, he came out and said he couldn't do any of the things he'd promised."

Posted by Anne at November 6, 2008 08:13 AM